Physiotherapy plays an important role in the management of clients before and after surgery. At the clinic we can provide you with information and management strategies prior to your surgery to:
- help you understand what to expect after the surgery;
- how to maximise your outcomes from the surgery; and
- help you with specific exercises targeted to assist you with the process.
After surgery, Physiotherapy is often recommended by Orthopaedic Surgeons. In the literature, Physiotherapy has been shown to provide;
- benefits in decreasing pain;
- exercise prescription to strengthening muscles;
- exercises and management strategies to help you improve your function (source: Australian Physiotherapy Association).