Back and pelvic pain are often related. Pain in this region can be traced to a variety of different sources and it’s only by having a quality Physiotherapist examine you that you may be sure the correct cause will be quickly identified. There are numerous bones, ligaments, nerves, muscles and blood vessels located here and knowledge of their position and function is essential for the correct and safe treatment of your symptoms.
- Correct diagnosis of your pelvic and back pain relies heavily on a thorough examination of:
- Spine as a whole and the individual vertebrae;
- Pelvic function and its alignment to the spine;
- Activation of the superficial and deep muscles of the lumbar, abdominal and hip regions;
- Upper thigh muscle length and strength; and
- Your individual biomechanics.
By correctly testing and assessing these areas, Sophie will be able to quickly locate the source of your discomfort and work on addressing it. A series of exercises and stretches may form part of your on-going treatment and these will assist in overcoming the debilitating pain often associated with this area of the body. Call Sophie to discuss your symptoms.