Symptoms of the Back and Pelvis are often related. Symptoms in these regions can be influenced by a variety of sources, therefore by undergoing a comprehensive assessment, your Physiotherapist will be able establish the underlying cause of your complaints. There are numerous bones, ligaments, nerves, muscles and blood vessels located in these regions and knowledge of their position and function is essential for the management of your symptoms.
Correct diagnosis of your pelvic and back symptoms involves a thorough examination of structures and function including:
- Spine as a whole and the individual vertebrae;
- Pelvic function and its alignment to the spine;
- Activation of the superficial and deep muscles of the lumbar, abdominal and hip regions;
- Upper thigh muscle length and strength; and
- Your individual biomechanics.
Call Sophie to discuss your symptoms.